[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #54515: Block template themes: Parent theme block template takes precedence over child theme PHP template

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Dec 2 22:54:13 UTC 2021

#54515: Block template themes: Parent theme block template takes precedence over
child theme PHP template
---------------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  Bernhard Reiter                  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                     |      Status:  new

Comment (by audrasjb):

 I tested this PR using TT2 Theme and WP 5.9 beta 1.

 Before patch:
 - Create a child theme with a single.php file with random content inside.
 - Activate the child theme.
 - Go to a single post on front-end.
 - Issue: the child theme’s single.php template doesn't apply.

 After applying the patch, the child theme’s single.php template apply to
 single posts.

 Given Riad also validated the approach in the proposed PR, I'm self
 assigning the ticket for commit consideration.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/54515#comment:13>