[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #54552: Consider consolidating wp_is_block_template_theme() and WP_Theme::is_block_based()

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Dec 2 22:14:52 UTC 2021

#54552: Consider consolidating wp_is_block_template_theme() and
WP_Theme::is_block_based()
----------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  noisysocks      |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  task (blessed)  |      Status:  new

Comment (by hellofromTonya):

 Replying to [comment:5 antonvlasenko]:
 > {{{
 > However, the combination of these 2 filters is available through the
 'theme_file_path' filter.
 > }}}
 > I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean by `available through the
 'theme_file_path' filter`.
 > Probably I'm missing something.
 > I thought that filters are independent of each other.

 I'm sorry for the confusion. I'll try to explain. Please excuse me if I
 over-explain something that you already know.

 `'theme_file_path'` filter event is fired 2 separate places:
 `get_theme_file_path()` and the new `WP_Theme::get_file_path()` method.
 Either of those filter events will call all callbacks registered/hooked to
 it.

 What I meant by the "combination of these 2 filters" is this:

 `'theme_file_path'` filter exposes the file's path ("combination") whereas
 the other 2 filters expose the pieces of the file's path, i.e. the theme's
 directory name and the root path to that directory. Using
 `'theme_file_path'` gives the ability for plugins and themes to gain
 access.

 Does that make sense?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/54552#comment:6>