[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #54045: Editor/Docs: The place where `post_submitbox_minor_actions` is fired is misleading in the related DocBlock

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Aug 31 21:38:00 UTC 2021

#54045: Editor/Docs: The place where `post_submitbox_minor_actions` is fired is
misleading in the related DocBlock
 Reporter:  audrasjb      |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Editor        |    Version:
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  docs          |
 The place where `post_submitbox_minor_actions` is fired is misleading in
 the related DocBlock.

 It says "Fires before the post time/date setting in the Publish meta box"
 but it fires right at the end of the `.minor-publishing-actions` `<div>`
 element.

 I think we should rather indicate that it fires "**after the save and
 preview** settings in the Publish meta box" or "**before the post status**
 setting in the Publish meta box". Both are accurate, but I think the first
 one is better as the action hook is placed inside the `<div>` that
 contains both the save and preview settings.

 ''Please also props @bedas for their feedback on DevHub user contributed
 notes.''