[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #53985: Change suggested maximum image size to 2560 pixel (like big image threshold)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Aug 26 16:21:29 UTC 2021

#53985: Change suggested maximum image size to 2560 pixel (like big image
threshold)
-----------------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  zodiac1978                   |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement                  |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by zodiac1978):

 Replying to [comment:7 antpb]:
 > @joyously mentioned that because the value is able to be filtered maybe
 we should directly use that filterable value in the place where this
 message mentions the size.

 Good thought! On the other hand is the error message a warning about an
 image that is maybe too big to handle for the server. Using the filtered
 value could give the wrong expression that the filtered value is something
 WordPress itself is recommending.

 If someone uses the filter they should be aware of the implications, but
 we all know that copying & pasting code snippets happens a lot ...

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/53985#comment:8>