[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #53985: Change suggested maximum image size to 2560 pixel (like big image threshold)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Aug 24 12:40:27 UTC 2021

#53985: Change suggested maximum image size to 2560 pixel (like big image
threshold)
-----------------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  zodiac1978                   |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement                  |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by SergeyBiryukov):

 My initial though was that 2500 might have been chosen as a reasonable,
 easy-to-remember value below the default `big_image_size_threshold` filter
 value (2560), to avoid using additional resources for post-processing.

 I was wondering what would happen if the image is ''exactly'' 2560 pixels
 on either side. Looking at [46076] / #47873, scaling the image down to use
 as the "full" size only happens if it's **larger** than the threshold
 value, so suggesting 2560 for consistency should still be fine.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/53985#comment:6>