[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #53985: Change suggested maximum image size to 2560 pixel (like big image threshold)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Aug 23 20:28:07 UTC 2021

#53985: Change suggested maximum image size to 2560 pixel (like big image
threshold)
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  zodiac1978   |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
Component:  Media        |    Version:
 Severity:  normal       |   Keywords:  needs-patch needs-copy-review
  Focuses:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 In #47872 we introduced and in #49280 we refined the error message for a
 broken image upload to this text:
 > Post-processing of the image failed likely because the server is busy or
 does not have enough resources. Uploading a smaller image may help.
 Suggested maximum size is 2500 pixels.

 But in #47873 the big image threshold is set to 2560 pixel which is not
 2500 pixel but not much away.

 I think this could be confusing for beginners. Which is the recommended
 maximum size? 2560 or 2500 pixels?

 Would it make sense to change the last sentence to "Suggested maximum size
 is 2560 pixels."?