[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #30976: When selecting multiple plugins and performing deactivate, keep selected for next bulk action (if any)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Aug 8 06:10:37 UTC 2021

#30976: When selecting multiple plugins and performing deactivate, keep selected
for next bulk action (if any)
---------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  aubreypwd                  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement                |      Status:  new

Comment (by ashfame):

 I like the use of transients so long urls issue can be completely avoided.
 How about we use local storage to save the selection as opposed to
 transients?

 Previously we had to consider when to actually do this? Since the addition
 of automatic updates action, we now have the probability of a second
 action after every bulk action except deletion. Here are some examples:

 Select > Deactivate > Delete
 Select > Activate/Deactivate > Turn on/off automatic updates
 Select > Turn on/off automatic updates > Activate/Deactivate
 Select > Update > Activate/Deactivate
 Select > Update > Turn on/off automatic updates

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/30976#comment:12>