[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #53119: Tests: introduce naming conventions for data providers and use named test cases

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Apr 30 21:50:05 UTC 2021

#53119: Tests: introduce naming conventions for data providers and use named test
cases
------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  jrf               |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  task (blessed)    |      Status:  new

Comment (by pbiron):

 One other thing that should be added to this proposal:

 5. for tests that use a data provider, **always** include `@param` tags in
 the test's DocBlock.

 I'm not sure how many there are, but I know there are existing tests which
 use providers that do not do that (and I may have been responsible for a
 few of those).

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/53119#comment:12>