[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #52244: required valid URL for WordPress "recovery mode" given URL is not working well

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Apr 18 14:54:13 UTC 2021

#52244: required valid URL for WordPress "recovery mode" given URL is not working
well
-----------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  nishsantpanchal  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)     |      Status:  closed
Changes (by Clorith):

 * status:  new => closed
 * version:  5.6 => 5.2
 * resolution:   => worksforme
 * severity:  blocker => normal
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review =>

Comment:

 Hi there, and welcome to WordPress trac!

 The problem you are describing usually means that the recovery token could
 not be found in the database, this could mean it was already used, or that
 it was not able to be saved in the first place.

 It appears your site is now functioning as it should, in future situations
 you may have better luck through our [https://wordpress.org/support/forums
 support forums], as they would be able to help you troubleshoot your site
 and why this is failing.

 As this appears to be a site error, and not a WordPress one, I'm going to
 close this ticket for now, but if evidence indicating otherwise should be
 discovered, we can re-open the ticket to investigate further.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/52244#comment:2>