[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #48929: Recovery mode page references checking your site admin email, even in Multisite

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Apr 18 14:41:33 UTC 2021

#48929: Recovery mode page references checking your site admin email, even in
Multisite
-------------------------------+---------------------------------
 Reporter:  rkaiser0324        |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  new
Changes (by Clorith):

 * keywords:   => needs-copy-review

Comment:

 Thank you very much for your report of this @rkaiser0324, you are quite
 right that this is text was misleading.

 more aware of the current site setup, providing different texts if it is a
 protected endpoint, but you are, or are not, on a multisite install.

 Standalone site:
 > There has been a critical error on this website. Please check your site
 admin email inbox for instructions.

 Multisite:
 > There has been a critical error on this website. Please reach out to
 your site administrator, and inform them of this error for further
 assistance.

 I opted for the term `site administrator` over `network administrator`, as
 the last one also has meanings for businesses where this is also used as
 the term for whomever handles networking issues in the office or similar.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/48929#comment:2>