[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #49151: Show a warning for plugins in WP admin that haven't received updates in a long time

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Apr 2 12:21:10 UTC 2021

#49151: Show a warning for plugins in WP admin that haven't received updates in a
long time
 Reporter:  vincenthasselgard        |       Owner:  audrasjb
     Type:  feature request          |      Status:  accepted
  patch needs-design-feedback        |  ui-copy
Changes (by Guillermo77):

 * version:   => 5.7

Comment:

 I was thinking about my ticket #52960,

 Can be good one e-mail notification, from the wordpress account, this
 plugin xxxx is dangerous critical issue, you need action in your site xxxx
 now. In my website I no have e-mail from my provider,

 And you can add, in 3 months this plugin will be deleted from your web
 automatically,
 Maybe after 3 months or one year for example in one critical error can
 delete the plugin automatically from the website?

 You can alert in admin section updates, and with one central banner,
 Plugin was definitive closed for critical issues you need search another
 plugin similar and delete this plugin now, in xxx days (counter) will be
 autodeleted.

 And put one notification if the admin no log in 3 months, this plugin xxxx
 was autodeleted for critical issues xx days ago, search one similar in add
 plugin.. the notification will show after the admin close it, and will be
 available for 1 week for exp., so he/she know what plugin was deleted.
 You can have one history plugin installed, like google play store apps.

 If the plugin is critical but will receive one patch, we recommend disable
 this plugin, developer is working in one solution.

 I no sure about this, if one update have many errors, you can back to the
 last stable version of this plugin pressing here.

 Is true now we have health, but put one mark or change the color in plugin
 section if the plugin was discontinue by the owner, maybe is more direct
 and visual, and you have time for search another plugin similar.

 I think wordpress can be better and more simple, I have many ideas.

 That are just some ideas from one user (i am new here sorry and my english
 no is good),
 thanks for read

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/49151#comment:56>