[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43441: WordPress News and Events widget: WordPress.org/news posts only show one at a time

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Sep 24 16:42:13 UTC 2020

#43441: WordPress News and Events widget: WordPress.org/news posts only show one at
a time
----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  hlashbrooke     |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement     |      Status:  new

Comment (by iandunn):

 `wp_dashboard_primary()` and its related functions feel fairly convoluted
 to me. I don't see a way to make those changes in a straightforward and
 elegant way.

 A simple compromise would be just bump the feed to 2, for a total of 5
 items, but I still worry about the added clutter.

 I'm tempted to want to refactor `wp_dashboard_primary()` so that it works
 in a more straightforward way, but that would probably have some minor
 back-compat implications, like the markup no longer being generated by
 `wp_widget_rss_output()`. That could break CSS changes from plugins. Or,
 if the new function mimiced the same markup, it would no longer be DRY, so
 could break in the future if the RSS function changes.

 cc @valentinbora, @tellyworth in case you have any thoughts.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/43441#comment:4>