[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #46872: Marry the Bulk Actions and Change Role controls on list tables via Javascript to avoid conflicts in submission when each has a unique selection. (was: Bulk Actions underneath plugins list perform Update when Deactivate chosen)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Sep 21 23:01:40 UTC 2020

#46872: Marry the Bulk Actions and Change Role controls on list tables via
Javascript to avoid conflicts in submission when each has a unique
selection.
 Reporter:  clayray                              |       Owner:  garrett-
                                                 |  eclipse
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  reopened
  note dev-feedback                              |  administration
Description changed by garrett-eclipse:

Old description:

> I have selected a number of plugins to deactivate. Then I choose
> Deactivate from the dropdown BELOW the plugins list and then click Apply,
> I am taken to an "Updates" screen where the plugins get updated.
> This does not happen if I use the dropdown and apply button ABOVE the
> plugins list.
> (By "trunk" below, presumably the current version 5.1.1 is meant, since
> 5.1.1 isn't otherwise selectable via the Dropdown)

New description:

 I have selected a number of plugins to deactivate. Then I choose
 Deactivate from the dropdown BELOW the plugins list and then click Apply,
 I am taken to an "Updates" screen where the plugins get updated.
 This does not happen if I use the dropdown and apply button ABOVE the
 plugins list.
 (By "trunk" below, presumably the current version 5.1.1 is meant, since
 5.1.1 isn't otherwise selectable via the Dropdown)

 Original Title: Bulk Actions underneath plugins list perform Update when
 Deactivate chosen

Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/46872#comment:21>