[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #51110: Create a UI for user-level privacy / consent management options on the profile page

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Sep 19 09:31:16 UTC 2020

#51110: Create a UI for user-level privacy / consent management options on the
profile page
 Reporter:  carike       |       Owner:  paaljoachim
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  assigned
  privacy-review         |  privacy

Comment (by paaljoachim):

 Hello Carike

 Buttons do look nice, but looking through the profile screen the only
 three buttons that exist today is Generate Password, Log Out Everywhere
 Else and the Update Profile buttons.
 The screen has a lot of radio and checkboxes used for various options. To
 keep with consistency I believe that adding checkboxes might be the
 correct choice there. We already added buttons to Export my data and Erase
 my data. There is also a sense of hierarchy that buttons are on the top
 showing the most important options in the profile screen. Below it are all
 the various radio and checkboxes.

 Here is a link to using checkboxes in regards to accessibility:
 https://webaim.org/techniques/forms/controls#checkbox

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/51110#comment:15>