[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #51341: Adding the epub/other ebook file formats to accepted file types (needs research)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Sep 18 09:44:31 UTC 2020

#51341: Adding the epub/other ebook file formats to accepted file types (needs
research)
 Reporter:  inaikem      |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
Component:  General      |    Version:
 Severity:  normal       |   Keywords:
  Focuses:               |
 I'd like to open a discussion about adding `.epub`, `.mobi` and other
 ebook file formats to our accepted file list.

 Following an internal discussion, I understand that on a technical level,
 it is trivial to add them to the accepted list (great!) However, I'd like
 to know what work needs to be done in advance to assess potential security
 risks?

 Is there any context behind the exclusion of these formats in the past
 that still applies today?