[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #51310: WordPress app and many plugin is malfunctioning. Publish/Edited post activity is being updated twice in system.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Sep 14 14:29:23 UTC 2020

#51310: WordPress app and many plugin is malfunctioning. Publish/Edited post
activity is being updated twice in system.
 Reporter:  arbn          |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Plugins       |    Version:  5.5.1
 Severity:  major         |   Keywords:  needs-patch
  Focuses:                |
 Every plugin and even the wordpress.com app is updating the same post
 activity twice while publishing and editing. My plugin ARROWDAN Notifier
 is made to send notification on post publish and edit. It was working fine
 with previous version of wordpress but now its updating twice and sending
 2 notification for the same thing. I thought it was bug with my plugin
 only, but later i tested with other plugin also and found same issue. And
 not only plugin is affected but also wordpress app is showing publish and
 edit activity twice in website activity log.
 Due to this bug, many plugin is affected.
 **Test Detail**
 Used latest version 5.5.1
 Tested in more than 4 website
 Wordpress app in android phone
 **Reason**
 In my plugin Save_Post hook is called twice itself by the system. Because
 my manual send notification is working fine.