[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #19907: Updating an unpublished draft post in quick-edit mode sets the post's publish date

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Sep 11 21:15:38 UTC 2020

#19907: Updating an unpublished draft post in quick-edit mode sets the post's
publish date
 Reporter:  uxtremist                            |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  new
Changes (by Mista-Flo):

 * keywords:  has-patch needs-unit-tests editorial-flow needs-refresh =>
     has-patch editorial-flow has-unit-tests

Comment:

 I can still reproduce the issue on trunk version.

 I tested the first implementation by @SergeyBiryukov but it doesn't seem
 to work for me. So I tested the second implementation and it worked. But
 I'm afraid the patch might have some regressions.

 There are two failing unit tests with the second patch:

 {{{
 Tests_XMLRPC_wp_newPost::test_valid_string_post_date_gmt
 Tests_XMLRPC_wp_newPost::test_valid_IXR_post_date_gmt

 --- Expected
 +++ Actual
 @@ @@
 -'1984-01-11 05:00:00'
 +'0000-00-00 00:00:00'
 }}}

 I also tried to create a unit test dedicated to this ticket, a bit
 struggling as it's an AJAX request but I think I have something working.

 Be cautious this patch is not ready to be committed as the XMLRPC is
 impacted. Let's get some feedback

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/19907#comment:26>