[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #51262: Provide option to disable emails about auto-updates or remove sending of emails as default

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Sep 7 21:44:20 UTC 2020

#51262: Provide option to disable emails about auto-updates or remove sending of
emails as default
-----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  fanvid           |       Owner:  audrasjb
     Type:  defect (bug)     |      Status:  reviewing
Description changed by SergeyBiryukov:

Old description:

> Since the original ticket was closed and the issue wasnt resolved and
> there is no expectation of a solution so im creating a new ticket, since
> this is a big issue that has no proper solution, install plugins or edit
> functions.php is not a proper way to fix a problem.
>
> WordPress 5.5 has introduced long-awaited and welcome auto-updates for
> themes and plugins.
>
> However, as I run several sites with different themes and plugins, I am
> getting frequent (and unnecessary) emails about auto-updates.
>
> These emails need to be optional, not mandatory. By all means, turn on
> email notifications by default, but please provide the admin with an
> option to disable the auto-update notifications.
>
> Thank you

New description:

 Since the original ticket #50988 was closed and the issue wasnt resolved

Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/51262#comment:3>