[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #51248: Rename WP_Comments_List_Table::comment_status_dropdown() to ::comment_type_dropdown()

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Sep 4 21:59:44 UTC 2020

#51248: Rename WP_Comments_List_Table::comment_status_dropdown() to
::comment_type_dropdown()
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  SergeyBiryukov  |       Owner:  SergeyBiryukov
     Type:  defect (bug)    |      Status:  accepted
Description changed by SergeyBiryukov:

Old description:

> Background: #40188, #50815.
>
> [48521] introduced a method for displaying a comment type drop-down for
> filtering on the Comments list table.
>
> For some reason, the method is called `::comment_status_dropdown()`,
> despite not having to anything with a comment status. This can be
> confusing when working on tickets like #20977 in the future.
>
> I propose renaming the method to `::comment_type_dropdown()` for clarity.
> It's marked as protected, so there should not be any backward
> compatibility concerns.

New description:

 Background: #40188, #50815.

 [48521] introduced a method for displaying a comment type drop-down for
 filtering on the Comments list table.

 For some reason, the method is called `::comment_status_dropdown()`,
 despite not having to do anything with a comment status. This can be

Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/51248#comment:2>