[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #51672: Message during update 5.5.1->5.5.2 : authenticity could not be verified as no signature was found

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Oct 30 04:54:51 UTC 2020

#51672: Message during update 5.5.1->5.5.2 : authenticity could not be verified as
no signature was found
 Reporter:  mulli.bahr    |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  General       |    Version:  5.5.1
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:  has-screenshots
  Focuses:                |
 During regular WP update I got the following:
 Cannot verify the authenticiy of
 {{{
 wordpress-5.5.2-partial-1.zip
 }}}

 Upgrade completed successfuly.
 Are there any implications to this?
 I did notice that "WordFence" plugin "could not verify that its a legit WP
 version".
 Is this related?
 How can it be fixed? Or is it a "WordPress upgrade issue"?