[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #51638: Add Site Health test for verifying the Authorization header works as expected

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Oct 27 18:30:22 UTC 2020

#51638: Add Site Health test for verifying the Authorization header works as
expected
----------------------------------------------+----------------------------
 Reporter:  TimothyBlynJacobs                 |       Owner:
                                              |  TimothyBlynJacobs
     Type:  task (blessed)                    |      Status:  closed
Changes (by TimothyBlynJacobs):

 * owner:  (none) => TimothyBlynJacobs
 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 In [changeset:"49334" 49334]:
 {{{
 #!CommitTicketReference repository="" revision="49334"
 Site Health, App Passwords: Test if the Authorization header is populated
 correctly.

 App Passwords rely on the Authorization header to transport the Basic Auth
 credentials. For Apache web servers, WordPress automatically includes a
 RewriteRule to populate the value for servers running in CGI or FastCGI
 that wouldn't ordinarily populate the value.

 This tests if the header is being filled with the expected values. For
 Apache users, we direct the user to visit the Permalinks settings to flush
 their permalinks. For all other users, we direct them to a help document
 on developer.wordpress.org.

 Props Clorith, marybaum, TimothyBlynJacobs.
 Fixes #51638.

Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/51638#comment:6>