[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #51626: Update option checkout shown for the plugin that does not have update package

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Oct 25 03:48:49 UTC 2020

#51626: Update option checkout shown for the plugin that does not have update
package
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  rajeshsingh520  |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)    |     Status:  new
Component:  General         |    Version:
 Severity:  normal          |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                  |
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Hi,

 We have a plugin that is not hosted on the wordpress.org, so for that
 plugin we give update motification using wordpress hook

 we have faced an issue recently, in the update notification, we send
 "package" as empty that make the message
 [[Image(https://i.imgur.com/mkEifAH.png)]]

 "Automatic update is unavailable for this plugin." on the plugins page

 but on the Dashboard > update page the plugin does get an checkbox, so
 user end up selecting it for update and then get the error message

 normally if Auto update is not available for a plugin then we should hide
 this checkbox as well

 [[Image(https://i.imgur.com/QOoU88J.png)]]