[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #51623: Does WordPress run a clean-up cron-job for menu items having the draft status?

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Oct 24 22:15:13 UTC 2020

#51623: Does WordPress run a clean-up cron-job for menu items having the draft
status?
 Reporter:  zenithcity    |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Menus         |    Version:  5.5.1
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  performance   |
 On the menu admin screen, after dragging new menu items to the selected
 menu, whenever I discard the option to save the menu settings before
 reloading the page I noticed that the added menu items (not-saved) is
 still in my post database table with status "draft". Now if I discard 100
 menu items, my post table is filled with 100 rows of redundant data. Why?