[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #51584: Publishing a large image post while the image is still uploading allows you to leave and return to a broken image

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Oct 21 05:24:32 UTC 2020

#51584: Publishing a large image post while the image is still uploading allows you
to leave and return to a broken image
--------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  garrett-eclipse     |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)        |     Status:  new
Component:  Media               |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal              |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  ui, administration  |
 This issue was originally reported by @antpb in #core-media here;
 https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/C02SX62S6/p1603135350316800

 If you go to the post editor and upload a large image to the image block,
 then publish/save and leave the screen before it's uploaded you'll return
 to the post with a broken image.

 I'm thinking we should provide a dirty flag while that upload/resize
 process is underway for large images to flag to users and stop them from
 leaving the editor before the process completes.