[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #49264: Consider a redesign for the Policy Settings page (includes Policy Guide and future Disclosures & Policies)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Oct 15 11:57:37 UTC 2020

#49264: Consider a redesign for the Policy Settings page (includes Policy Guide and
future Disclosures & Policies)
 Reporter:  xkon                     |       Owner:  xkon
     Type:  enhancement              |      Status:  assigned
  needs-docs needs-dev-note          |  administration, privacy
  settings-api                       |
Changes (by hedgefield):

 * keywords:
     needs-design-feedback has-patch 2nd-opinion needs-docs needs-dev-note
     settings-api
     => has-patch 2nd-opinion needs-docs needs-dev-note settings-api

Comment:

 Hey @xkon, stellar work on wrangling this page into something scannable!
 As the person who designed the accordions for Site Health I have to agree
 with using that solution here also ;) I think the accessibility concerns
 you mentioned mostly had to do with making sure the accordion is
 technically a button and things like that, right? Which I'm sure have
 indeed been solved by the evidence of its inclusion in other places of the
 admin.

 As a designer I cannot judge the code of this patch but it looks like you
 did a thorough job of thinking this through. What's the state of the patch
 currently? Could it be included in 5.6? Any points of discussion that
 you've become aware of in the meantime that we need to resolve? Do you
 need feedback or signoff from someone? I'd love to get this shipped. Let
 me know.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/49264#comment:15>