[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43305: Accessibility Issue in Arranging the Menu Items: I need a combobox for selecting the parent item and a combobox for selecting the item position

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Nov 30 14:56:21 UTC 2020

#43305: Accessibility Issue in Arranging the Menu Items: I need a combobox for
selecting the parent item and a combobox for selecting the item position
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  javad2000        |       Owner:  audrasjb
     Type:  feature request  |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by javad2000):

 Hi again
 I investigated the problem on several PCs with several versions of JAWS
 and NVDA. About the first two problems:
 1- Accessibility problem for adding new menu items:
 2- Accessibility problem of Screen Options:

 I found out the following:
 I have a multisite with a main site (www.d-dar.com) and a sub-site
 (www.d-dar.com/template/). The first two problems are fully solved in the
 main site if I use NVDA 2020, and partly solved if I use JAWS 2020.
 However, those two problems still exist on the subsite.
 I wonder why the menu editor of the main site works quite well, but the
 menu editor of the subsites do not work at all.
 I asked a sighted person to use the menu-editor of the subsite with mouse,
 but the problem exists for sighted people as well. They could not add any
 custom link to the menu.
 I deactivated all plugins. I used the default theme (Twentytwenty) for
 both the main site and the subsite, but no luck. Neither blind people nor
 sighted people could use the menu editor. They could not add custom-links
 to the menu.
 I added a fresh new site to the multisite, but the fresh new site had the
 same problem with its menus. I cannot use its menu editor, while I can use
 the menu editor of the main site efficiently.

 About the third problem:
 3- Accessibility Problem when rearranging and reordering menu items:

 I had opened a ticket and a feature-request topic 3 years ago:
 https://wordpress.org/support/topic/accessibility-issue-in-arranging-the-
 menu-items/
 https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/43305

 But no luck after 3 years. I hope WordPress accessibility team will solve
 the problem via a plugin or preferrably via the core ASAP.
 Best Regards

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/43305#comment:8>