[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #51838: Add first-time user message to application passwords form describing what this form is

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Nov 20 21:37:24 UTC 2020

#51838: Add first-time user message to application passwords form describing what
this form is
---------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  wfmatt         |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement    |      Status:  new

Comment (by wfmatt):

 How does something like this sound for an administrator account?

 > **Hold Up! **
 > Application passwords are a feature that allows third party applications
 and services to interact with your site on your behalf. They have the same
 level of access to your site as you do. As an administrator, they can
 create and modify user accounts, posts, pages, and settings. Be sure to
 only approve of connections that you have explicitly initiated from an
 application or service that you are currently using. Unsolicited
 connection requests may be an attempt to hijack your account.

 I think we could probably leave out the "As an administrator" section for
 other user roles, or delve into specifics for each role.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/51838#comment:2>