[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #51742: Core auto-updates UI: disable checkbox when filter or constant takes precedent on the option

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Nov 17 20:03:57 UTC 2020

#51742: Core auto-updates UI: disable checkbox when filter or constant takes
precedent on the option
----------------------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  audrasjb                          |       Owner:  audrasjb
     Type:  defect (bug)                      |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by helen):

 VCS with various faked version strings (outdated develop, up to date
 develop, outdated stable, up to date stable). It's an iteration on
 `core_upgrade_preamble()` so that only one `h2` is shown at a time
 (falling back to `You have the latest version of WordPress.` if something
 odd happens). It also ensures that the `core-major-auto-updates-saved`
 query arg is stripped from the URL because it's only for a dismissible
 notice.

 The one kind of funny thing here is that if you are on the latest dev
 version it will actually still give you the button to install the latest
 nightly but it doesn't necessarily say that's an update, which I think is
 fine because of the nature of nightlies and how they're built. You will
 also typically see the update available message on SVN checkouts because
 the nightly version number is bumped more often than it is in SVN. I kind
 of wonder if we should be hiding that section entirely for VCS checkouts
 but that's not for 5.6, and it's going to make working on that section a
 lot more annoying later as contributors :)

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/51742#comment:56>