[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #51790: WordPress keeps changing the original author name when someone else is trying to edit the post

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Nov 16 17:26:23 UTC 2020

#51790: WordPress keeps changing the original author name when someone else is
trying to edit the post
-------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  stamosarchontis92  |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)       |     Status:  new
Component:  Editor             |    Version:  5.5.3
 Severity:  normal             |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                     |
-------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Greetings,

 Recently my team noticed an issue when we tried to review articles on our
 site before publication.

 When our editor in chief tries to review an article written by a given
 journalist in order to spot and correct potential mistakes after he saves
 the changes he made to the article wordpress automatically makes him the
 author of the article. When he tries to manually change the name back to
 the original author, saves the change and refreses the site it again makes
 him (the editor in chief) the author of the article. The same issue
 applies to anyone who edits another users article. The last person in the
 article automatically becomes the author. This hasn't happen before and is
 dissrupting our workflow.