[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #51771: Application Passwords Plugin misses 'rest_add_application_passwords_to_index'

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Nov 13 14:59:00 UTC 2020

#51771: Application Passwords Plugin misses
'rest_add_application_passwords_to_index'
------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  pacifika                |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)            |     Status:  new
Component:  Login and Registration  |    Version:
 Severity:  normal                  |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  rest-api                |
------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 After reading the integration guide
 (https://make.wordpress.org/core/2020/11/05/application-passwords-
 integration-guide/), I'm excited to use the Application Passwords feature
 plugin. Thanks for all the hard work to make WP a viable backend for
 mobile and desktop apps.

 However it is missing critical functionality that's present in WordPress
 5.6, namely the functionality to detect whether the feature is present. As
 a result the feature plugin isn't compatible with the integration guide
 written for it.

 For projects that will update to WP 5.6 in the future, but need to use
 Application Passwords now, the feature plugin is almost perfectly
 positioned, if it only contained the full feature.

 I think it would help adoption of this feature if the feature code written
 for WP 5.6 was backported into the Application Password feature plugin.