[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #51742: Core auto-updates UI: disable checkbox when filter or constant takes precedent on the option

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Nov 10 00:14:51 UTC 2020

#51742: Core auto-updates UI: disable checkbox when filter or constant takes
precedent on the option
 Reporter:  audrasjb                             |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  new
  copy-review needs-design-feedback dev-         |
  feedback 2nd-opinion                           |
Changes (by audrasjb):

 * keywords:  needs-patch =>
     has-patch has-screenshots needs-copy-review needs-design-feedback dev-
     feedback 2nd-opinion

Comment:

 `51742.diff` disables the checkbox and append a small information about
 this in the label, in italics. The goal of this patch is to make sure
 constants and filters will take precedent on user settings.

 Just adding some thoughts:
 - We could also hide the whole auto-updates section when filters/constants
 are used.
 - Of course, the disabled state of an input element can always be
 bypassed, but I think it doesn't matter as the constant/filter will always
 take precedent.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/51742#comment:1>