[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #50640: [PHPUnit] Mark test as skipped instead of failing if GD extension is not availble

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Nov 9 11:11:18 UTC 2020

#50640: [PHPUnit] Mark test as skipped instead of failing if GD extension is not
availble
-------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  ayeshrajans        |       Owner:  SergeyBiryukov
     Type:  task (blessed)     |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by SergeyBiryukov):

 Replying to [comment:31 jamescollins]:
 > Is it possible to have this new check filterable, or even disabled via a
 new constant? So that third parties not needing GD for their own WordPress
 test suites don't have to install GD as part of every CI build?

 Thanks for bringing that up! I think the PHP check can depend on the
 existing `WP_RUN_CORE_TESTS` constant.

 Not sure what to do with the Composer dependency though, should we remove
 that and only rely on the PHP check?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/50640#comment:33>