[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #50640: [PHPUnit] Mark test as skipped instead of failing if GD extension is not availble

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Nov 9 02:15:02 UTC 2020

#50640: [PHPUnit] Mark test as skipped instead of failing if GD extension is not
availble
------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  ayeshrajans       |       Owner:  SergeyBiryukov
     Type:  task (blessed)    |      Status:  closed

Comment (by jamescollins):

 One side effect of [49535] is any developers that are using
 [https://make.wordpress.org/cli/handbook/misc/plugin-unit-tests/ WordPress
 core's unit testing library to execute their own tests] (ie unit test
 their own plugins) now need to have GD installed.

 This is a new requirement because our plugins don't do anything image
 related, and we don't run core tests as part of our plugin tests.

 Is it possible to have this new check filterable, or even disabled via a
 new constant? So that third parties not needing GD for their own WordPress
 test suites don't have to install GD as part of every CI build?

 Thank you.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/50640#comment:31>