[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #49264: Consider a redesign for the Policy Settings page (includes Policy Guide and future Disclosures & Policies)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Nov 6 11:23:58 UTC 2020

#49264: Consider a redesign for the Policy Settings page (includes Policy Guide and
future Disclosures & Policies)
 Reporter:  xkon                     |       Owner:  xkon
     Type:  enhancement              |      Status:  assigned
  needs-docs needs-dev-note          |  administration
  settings-api                       |

Comment (by xkon):

 Heya @hedgefield, thank you for the kind words & sorry for the late reply
 but some personal things have been keeping me off contributions,
 unfortunately.

 To give an overview here and some thoughts as a tl;dr (since it's been ~9
 months and everything was in my head for this task):

 1. I had discussed with @Clorith and we had agreed that maybe we should
 make the Site Health CSS "global" so it can be shared on other pages also
 if need be instead of re-using essentially the same rules but with
 different names (as was done in these patches). Not sure if a change like
 that actually happened in the meantime.

 2. Notable changes that should be checked & devs should be informed
 beforehand & have time to update their code before this lands are the
 function changes for a proper CSS output see comment:4 as an example and
 the "side note" at the end of comment:6.

 3. The "copy to clipboard" functionality would need some re-work to be
 able to catch properly the new output.

 I'll try to find some time to at least re-apply the patch and see what has
 changed since then, in case it needs a refresh etc, but I can't promise
 anything solid at the moment so if anyone from #core-privacy wants to take
 ownership & jump in (i.e. @garrett-eclipse 👋) it would be great!.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/49264#comment:17>