[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #51714: Theme MD5 checksums for 5.5.3 alpha do not match WordPress.org API checksums.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Nov 5 20:45:14 UTC 2020

#51714: Theme MD5 checksums for 5.5.3 alpha do not match WordPress.org API
checksums.
-----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  datainterlock    |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)     |      Status:  new

Comment (by datainterlock):

 No, this was installed on a Linux server which caused the discrepancies
 because they all had Windows MD5's. Normal updates have not yet caused any
 discrepancies with bundled themes but they haven't installed 10 year old
 themes either.

 I'm not sure to whom or where to point this out but I'm simply suggesting
 that even for the alpha updates that get pushed out, someone, somewhere
 should consider being consistent with whether they're pushed via a Windows
 or a Linux server so that MD5's remain consistent with
 downloads.wordpress.org.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/51714#comment:2>