[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #51678: [5.6 Beta] Performance regression with i10n changes when translations files are not present

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Nov 5 12:37:35 UTC 2020

#51678: [5.6 Beta] Performance regression with i10n changes when translations files
are not present
----------------------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  vedjain                                 |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                            |      Status:  new

Comment (by hellofromTonya):

 [https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/C02RQBWTW/p1604489253441000?thread_ts=1604332747.257100&cid=C02RQBWTW
 Adding notes from Slack] from Rodrigo Primo:

 >The performance regression that is fixed in this ticket has a big impact
 in WooCommerce core. without this fix some of the REST API requests that
 are performed to load most of our admin pages take over ten seconds to
 complete making those pages almost unusable. please let me know if there
 is anything that the WooCommerce team can do to help move this ticket
 forward.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/51678#comment:15>