[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #51698: Consider to provide a hook to allow developers to hide the auto-updates UI for Core major versions

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Nov 4 15:57:40 UTC 2020

#51698: Consider to provide a hook to allow developers to hide the auto-updates UI
for Core major versions
-----------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  audrasjb         |       Owner:  audrasjb
     Type:  defect (bug)     |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by GregLone):

 Replying to [comment:7 jeherve]:
 > I think we could follow a similar approach for this UI: always visible,
 but disabled when one programatically controls the behaviour of the core
 updates (with the `WP_AUTO_UPDATE_CORE` constant, for example).

 Hi :)

 I agree, imho a new filter is not needed since the constant should
 override the checkbox in the first place (if auto-updates are disabled
 programatically, the checkbox should have no effects). In that case the UI
 should be grayed-out or removed.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/51698#comment:9>