[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #49151: Show a warning for plugins in WP admin that haven't received updates in a long time

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu May 28 16:49:58 UTC 2020

#49151: Show a warning for plugins in WP admin that haven't received updates in a
long time
------------------------------------------+--------------------------------
 Reporter:  vincenthasselgard             |       Owner:  audrasjb
     Type:  feature request               |      Status:  accepted

Comment (by desrosj):

 I think this is a good thing to add, but I am against adding it inline on
 the Plugins page. Users are frequently overwhelmed by admin notices added
 by plugins. I think an average site would have more plugins with this
 notice than without it, and it would devalue/drown out the inline update
 notices that appear.

 I like the idea of putting a plugin/theme health report of some sort in
 Site Health. It feels more at home there. But I don't know that adding it
 inline there is appropriate. I wonder if a new tab would be warranted.

 Some design feedback would be very useful here!

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/49151#comment:11>