[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #49764: Twenty Eleven: Add gradient background options that fit the theme color scheme

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed May 6 13:18:10 UTC 2020

#49764: Twenty Eleven: Add gradient background options that fit the theme color
scheme
----------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  ianbelanger                 |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement                 |      Status:  new

Comment (by dboy1988):

 Hi @ianbelanger,

 Thanks for the reply! that helped a lot.

 When I said **"this ticket is asking for a gradient background colour
 option to be added to the theme customisations panel / colours option"** I
 meant in the appearance -> customize -> colours section, where we have
 header text colour options, background colour & link colour and radio
 boxes for light & dark.

 After going through the linked ticket, I believe you actually mean adding
 theme colour gradient options which can be used/selected to customise the
 background of blocks & buttons that already have the background gradient
 option, so it's actually for the Gutenberg editor, not the theme
 customisation panel and basically we are just adding colour options.

 Thanks.

 Replying to [comment:2 ianbelanger]:
 > Hi @dboy1988,
 >
 > Yes that is correct. If you want to see an example from another theme,
 check out this ticket https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/49711 for the
 Twenty Twenty theme. Thanks for contributing!!

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/49764#comment:3>