[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #49500: WordPress 5.4 messes up custom fields added to menu items they are duplicated.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Mar 26 15:37:08 UTC 2020

#49500: WordPress 5.4 messes up custom fields added to menu items they are
duplicated.
--------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  BackuPs       |       Owner:  audrasjb
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  closed

Comment (by BackuPs):

 Replying to [comment:17 helgatheviking]:
 > Not sure I understand why that wouldn't be safe? In my production code
 I'm using `version_compare( $wp_version, '5.4' )`... the RC is only for
 testing locally. But if someone is using a beta/RC on a live site... well
 they will see the duplicates. I'm not gonna sweat that too much.

 because it will fail on versions numbers (beta) that are not numerical !
 You dont know if your users are using beta versions of wordpress. The
 choice is yours but it is asking for future troubles if you use it the way
 you do.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/49500#comment:18>