[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #45211: Carriage Return moves focus to bottom of page; bold text removes the following space

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Mar 26 05:21:54 UTC 2020

#45211: Carriage Return moves focus to bottom of page; bold text removes the
following space
--------------------------+--------------------------------
 Reporter:  PrmyApps      |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  closed
Changes (by talldanwp):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => reported-upstream
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review =>

Comment:

 Hi @PrmyApps. Thanks for reporting this. Sorry for the delay in
 responding, things have moved a long way since this ticket was made!

 Just for future reference, Block Editor issues are being reported over in
 github - https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/issues.

 This ticket was discussed during a triage session in slack (this link will
 require a slack account -
 https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/C02RQBWTW/p1585199139167300).

 We tried reproducing the issues against the latest version of the editor
 and found:
 - Content was divided up into blocks successfully (I tried an article from
 wikipedia, and headings and paragraphs were created correctly.)
 - On pasting, the page scrolls down to the end. This seems consistent with
 other editors (e.g. google docs), so I don't this can be considered a bug.
 - On pasting, the caret/cursor is in the wrong position. This is being
 tracked in this issue -
 https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/issues/5317.
 - Bold/Italic formatting and spaces are retained.

 So it looks like most of those issues have been fixed. Hopefully things
 are working a lot better for you now.

 I'll close this issue. But do reply if you're still experiencing issues.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/45211#comment:3>