[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #49647: Extend REST API search endpoint with "after" and "before" which the posts endpoint already supports

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Mar 14 17:55:50 UTC 2020

#49647: Extend REST API search endpoint with "after" and "before" which the posts
endpoint already supports
 Reporter:  archon810    |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
Component:  General      |    Version:  5.3.2
 Severity:  normal       |   Keywords:
  Focuses:               |
 Hi,

 I'd like to use the search API but provide the `after` parameter. I was
 surprised to see there's no parity to `posts` and it's not supported.

 https://developer.wordpress.org/rest-api/reference/posts/

 https://developer.wordpress.org/rest-api/reference/search-results/

 Is there a reason most, if not all, params supported by `posts` aren't
 present in `search`? Can they be?

 Thanks.