[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #49563: Do you know that many of us use WordPress and we are not part of a large corporate team?

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Mar 2 18:01:05 UTC 2020

#49563: Do you know that many of us use WordPress and we are not part of a large
corporate team?
-----------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  mikewestcoast    |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  feature request  |      Status:  closed
Changes (by johnbillion):

 * milestone:  Awaiting Review =>

Comment:

 > WordPress should have LOTS AND LOTS of FEATURES which are already in the
 navigation menus to make my job EXTREMELY EASY TO DO.

 Whose UNPAID LABOUR HOURS should go into building such features into this
 free software, exactly?

 WordPress is a free tool built by volunteers using hundreds of thousands
 of their UNPAID LABOR HOURS. I'd like to remind you that by using
 WordPress you have saved yourself countless hours of work, so please do
 not be so rich as to presume that the software owes you anything.

 On a more constructive note, WordPress is a tool that's built to be
 flexible. It's never promised to provide the ability to add a sidebar to
 your content, but the great thing about WordPress is that there are over
 50,000 plugins which extend its features, and many of these plugins do
 provide this. Have a search for page builders or layout managers, and take
 a look at any of the thousands of free themes available. You'll likely
 find the feature you're looking for.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/49563#comment:2>