[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #49563: Do you know that many of us use WordPress and we are not part of a large corporate team?

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Mar 2 17:45:57 UTC 2020

#49563: Do you know that many of us use WordPress and we are not part of a large
corporate team?
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  mikewestcoast    |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  feature request  |     Status:  new
Component:  Post Formats     |    Version:
 Severity:  critical         |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                   |
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Do you know that many of us use WordPress and we are not part of a large
 corporate team?

 I am a webmaster and I work out of my apartment.
 * I work alone.
 * I don't work with a team of webmasters who know WordPress.
 * I have to figure it out EVERYTHING about WORDPRESS, ON MY OWN.
 * I USE BLOCK EDITOR.

 Item 1:
 * I have to take MY UNPAID LABOR HOURS to contact you USING THIS FORM,
 since a feature is not available on WordPress.
 * And yes, when I suggest a feature, you can be sure there are thousands
 or more people wanting that feature.
 * It's just that many people don't have time or feel HELPLESS and will NOT
 contact WordPress because they don't think their request will be taken
 seriously.

 Item 2:
 * I use BLOCK EDITOR.
 * When I make posts, that is, posts news stories for my client's website,
 I sometimes need to add a sidebar in the article.
 * I am FORCED to use my UNPAID LABOR TIME, to look up how to add a SIDEBAR
 in the BLOCK EDITOR, since there is no SIDEBAR FEATURE, for posts, in the
 BLOCK EDITOR.
 * When I SEARCH GOOGLE for how to add a SIDEBAR to a WordPress post, I get
 websites that say I need to add code to the BLOCK EDITOR.
 * I don't know how to ADD CODE to WORDPRESS.
 * My job is NOT to add code to the BLOCK EDITOR.
 * My job is to use an ALREADY MADE EDITOR to be a WEBMASTER.
 * My job is NOT to be a programmer.
 * I cannot program WORDPRESS.

 IN FACT, HERE'S AN ASIDE:
 * I HATE PLUG-INS.
 * I DON'T KNOW HOW TO INSTALL PLUG-INs.
 * And I DON'T WANT TO KNOW HOW TO INSTALL PLUG-INs.
 * My job is AGAIN, NOT TO PROGRAM WORDPRESS.
 * WordPress should have LOTS AND LOTS of FEATURES which are already in the
 navigation menus to make my job EXTREMELY EASY TO DO.

 ITEM 2 FEATURE REQUEST QUESTION:
 * Therefore, when will WORDPRESS add a SIDEBAR feature for posts (adding
 an article) to a website, in the MAIN NAVIGATION BAR OF THE WORDPRESS
 BLOCK EDITOR?