[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #48894: Improve the small user sub window at the right corner on the admin bar a.k.a. the Howdy fly-out

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jun 30 20:38:38 UTC 2020

#48894: Improve the small user sub window at the right corner on the admin bar
a.k.a. the Howdy fly-out
 Reporter:  ixkaito                              |       Owner:  afercia
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  assigned
  has-screenshots                                |  accessibility

Comment (by audrasjb):

 Replying to [comment:40 mapk]:
 > 2. As noted by Joy, shouldn't all topbar menu items have the same
 interaction? If the ones on the left open on hover and the ones on the
 right open on click, this causes some interaction confusion. I haven't
 tested the patch, so maybe this has been worked out already? I agree that
 whichever direction we go should be applied to all menu items in the same
 location.

 This ticket aims to fix a specific issue: there is some interferences
 between the "Howdy" fly-out menu and the things that are located on the
 upper-right side of the software. As discuted during previous
 accessibility team meetings, it would have been better to replace all the
 hover interactions with onclicks, but it's too complicated to get that
 fixed in a single release. As the issue with the "Howdy menu" is really
 annoying, the mid-point is to fix the issue with this menu first, then to
 iterate if this change is considered as the best solution for the whole
 interface.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/48894#comment:41>