[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #48894: Improve the small user sub window at the right corner on the admin bar a.k.a. the Howdy fly-out

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jun 30 19:41:33 UTC 2020

#48894: Improve the small user sub window at the right corner on the admin bar
a.k.a. the Howdy fly-out
 Reporter:  ixkaito                              |       Owner:  afercia
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  assigned
  has-screenshots                                |  accessibility

Comment (by mapk):

 As noted in one of the recent slack conversations, there are a few
 thoughts here.

 1. The dropdown icon is on the wrong side of the text. I know the icons
 are on the left side for the other topbar menu items, but those are
 considered icons in the sense that they aren't necessary interaction
 indicators. A dropdown icon is most commonly located to the right of the
 text. It serves a different purpose than the other icons.
 2. As noted by Joy, shouldn't all topbar menu items have the same
 interaction? If the ones on the left open on hover and the ones on the
 right open on click, this causes some interaction confusion. I haven't
 tested the patch, so maybe this has been worked out already? I agree that
 whichever direction we go should be applied to all menu items in the same
 location.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/48894#comment:40>