[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #50439: Post name permalinks htaccess directives do not consider subdirectory installation

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Jun 20 12:40:36 UTC 2020

#50439: Post name permalinks htaccess directives do not consider subdirectory
installation
 Reporter:  filatovdanyl  |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  assigned
Component:  Permalinks    |    Version:  5.4.2
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:  needs-patch
  Focuses:                |
 Having wordpress installed in /wordpress/ subdirectory, and site address
 as root (following [https://wordpress.org/support/article/giving-
 wordpress-its-own-directory/#method-i-without-url-change method I in
 guide]), enabling post name permalinks gives 500 error on any page other
 than homepage or admin panel pages. This seems to be due to wordpress
 adding rewrite driectives to root .htaccess file, that seem to override
 the rewrite rules from method I. Changing permalinks to plain, making root
 .htaccess read-only (with no wp directives), or disabling them by putting
 an ifmodule with false condition around them fixes this.

 I think that wordpress should consider subdirectory installation when
 writing htaccess directives.