[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #48894: Improve the small user sub window at the right corner on the admin bar a.k.a. the Howdy fly-out

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jun 18 18:52:26 UTC 2020

#48894: Improve the small user sub window at the right corner on the admin bar
a.k.a. the Howdy fly-out
 Reporter:  ixkaito                              |       Owner:  afercia
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  assigned
  has-screenshots                                |  accessibility

Comment (by sabernhardt):

 Testing [attachment:"48894.3.diff"]:
 I did not have any problems using the link/button in four Windows browsers
 (Chrome, Firefox, the new Edge and IE11), with JavaScript and NVDA. I also
 checked in Chrome without JavaScript. The patch could be ready as it is.

 I still would like to move the Howdy text outside the link/button so the
 button text describes the submenu better. Maybe I can come up with a
 variation to consider within the next week, now that the more difficult
 parts are done. Then we can determine whether or not my option improves
 the toolbar. Adding an `aria-label` of "Profile" is a simple change that
 could help non-sighted screen reader users, but there might be a better
 option for everybody.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/48894#comment:32>