[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #48894: Improve the small user sub window at the right corner on the admin bar a.k.a. the Howdy fly-out

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jun 18 15:54:38 UTC 2020

#48894: Improve the small user sub window at the right corner on the admin bar
a.k.a. the Howdy fly-out
 Reporter:  ixkaito                              |       Owner:  afercia
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  assigned
  has-screenshots                                |  accessibility

Comment (by afercia):

 - when JS is on, adds role=button and aria=expanded to the my account link
 - handle keyboard events to make the my account link work with the
 Spacebar key
 - this way, when JS is ON the link is perceived and behaves like a button
 - add chevron dashicons to visually distinguish this menu item and reflect
 the collapsed / expanded state
 - clean up a bit the JS

 See screenshot below.

 I think this is now ready for a final review.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/48894#comment:31>