[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #50410: Media grid: hiding the "contextually created attachments" breaks the collection length count

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jun 17 14:54:41 UTC 2020

#50410: Media grid: hiding the "contextually created attachments" breaks the
collection length count
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------
 Reporter:  afercia          |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)     |      Status:  new

Comment (by afercia):

 I'm not sure what is the best way to solve this issue. While I partly
 understand the reasoning behind the attachments being filtered, I'm not
 sure the current implementation is ideal.

 At the very least, the implementation is incomplete. I don't see a good
 reason why these attachments are filtered in the grid view and are ''not''
 filtered in the list view. This is confusing for users.

 On the other hand, since there are technical concerns in querying the
 meta, I'd lean towards reconsidering the filtering and remove it. After
 all, cropped images are first-citizens attachments. Opting to not
 displaying them seems based on assumptions to me. Actually, there are
 valid cases where cropped images should be displayed and be available to
 users.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/50410#comment:5>